Howto: Install Ubuntu Studio Theme



Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia editing/creation flavour of Ubuntu. It’s built for the GNU/Linux audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional. Because I don’t do audio, video and graphic editing or creation, so I didn’t install Ubuntu Studio. I really like the theme that is used by Ubuntu Studio. So I decide to install the theme into my Feisty Fawn.

1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and put this line:

deb http://archive.ubuntustudio.org/ubuntustudio feisty main

2. Get the gpg signature for that repository
$ wget http://archive.ubuntustudio.org/ubuntustudio.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

3. Run
$ sudo apt-get update

4. If you want to install all the themes that is used in Ubuntu Studio, including gdm theme, wallpapers, icon theme, session splashes and gtk theme use this
$ sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-look


I did not install the gdm theme and session splashes so u can do this:
$ sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-theme ubuntustudio-icon-theme ubuntustudio-wallpapers

Clicky Web Analytics